Yard Waste Schedule
Yard Waste and White Goods Collection Schedule
In addition to regular trash pickup that collects household waste, the city collects yard waste as well as old furniture and large appliances (white goods). To have your yard waste or white goods picked up, place them on your curb as you would your normal garbage per the Service Schedule below.
In order to offer these services, the city needs the citizens to follow a few easy rules:
- All white goods must have doors removed from their hinges and be made so no child may become trapped in the appliance before it is placed for collection.
- All tree trimmings and shrubbery must be cut to lengths of 4 feet or less and be less than 4 inches in diameter.
- All yard waste must be unbagged and neatly piled at the curbside.
- There must be at least 4 feet of space dividing the different types of trash. If yard waste or white goods are within 4 feet of any other object, public works employees will not be able to collect it.
- The city can not collect tree stumps, trees or discarded building material, dirt, broken concrete, brickbats, rocks or debris resulting from repairs, remodeling or construction.
White goods are collected based on the regular garbage collection route schedules.
Kingsland is broken down into four zones for yard debris collection. Yard waste is collected based on the zone you live in. Each zone is completed before moving on to the next one.
You can contact the Public Works Department to find out what zone the crews are working in and an approximate date they will be in your zone. Exact dates can not be given, as the time it takes to complete a zone varies due to the volume of debris placed out for collection.