Emergency Notification System
The City of Kingsland has instituted the CodeRED Emergency Notification System - an ultra high-speed telephone communication service for emergency notifications. This system allows us to telephone all or targeted areas of the City in case of an emergency situation that requires immediate action (such as a boil-water notice, missing child, weather emergencies or evacuation notices).
The system delivers our recorded message to a live person or an answering machine, making three attempts to connect to any number.
Types of Emergency
- The City of Kingsland uses CodeRED to send EMERGENCY notifications by phone, email and/or text to keep citizens informed of emergencies such as an evacuation notices, utility outages, water main breaks, fire or floods, chemical spills, or other emergency situations.
- The City of Kingsland may also use CodeRED to send GENERAL notifications to those who register to communicate non-life safety matters, such as planned road closures, water main repairs, water and power service interruptions, etc. By selecting the box for GENERAL alerts, you will also receive these types of notifications.
- The City of Kingsland also uses CodeRED Weather Warning. CodeRED Weather Warning is a unique service that automatically notifies citizens in the path of severe weather just moments after a warning has been issued by the National Weather Service. The CodeRED Weather Warning is a free service and you can choose the types of alerts you would like to receive; tornado, thunderstorm and/or flash flood.
There is no charge to register for or use CodeRED and your personal information will be kept confidential. Registering for CodeRED is quick and easy: REGISTER
Add the following numbers to your caller ID
* 866-419-5000 - EMERGENCY CALLS
* 855-969-4636 - GENERAL CALLS
* 800-566-9780 – WEATHER WARNINGS
Things to Know About CodeRED
- CodeRED delivers notifications by phone calls to landlines and cell phones, emails, texts, social media, and/or mobile alerts
- CodeRED is compatible with TDD/TTY devices for those with hearing impairments
- Individuals and businesses may add as many phone numbers, emails and texts numbers as they would like
CodeRED Mobile Alert App
Residents and visitors alike can receive enhanced public safety alerts no matter where you are located via the CodeRED Mobile Alert app - a free public safety app for both Android and iPhone users. The CodeRED Mobile Alert app delivers community and emergency alerts to individuals targeted within an impacted geographical area so that you may also receive timely notifications when you're on the road, away from home.
If you are currently a CodeRED subscriber that has already registered your mobile phone to receive notifications from The City of Kingsland, you will continue to receive calls.
However, if you download the CodeRED Mobile Alert app, you will also be able to receive alerts via your smartphone anywhere in the country, including Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Alaska.
To download the free CodeRED Mobile Alert App
Download the App